#of persons reached : approximately 500
- 10th anniversary dinner and graduation (VON-OC)
- Graduation of 6 VON-OC members at Hyatt- a collaborative with the Ministry of Health (Rapid Testers and Peer-Educators/Counselors)
- Health workshop on gender issues-Mt. Hope
- Evening to Re-connect with CSN/CTTRD
- Meeting with the MP for Couva South-R. Indarsingh
- Attended the HIV conference in the Bahamas
- World AIDS day 2011 observance in collaboration with the Community Renewal Unit of Flaming Word Ministry (FBO)
- Attended the consultation at Mc Bean Couva Re- establishing a “Civil Society Board”…out of the PM office
- Installed our NGO House sign-board
- Our Christmas Observance and “initiating our book/reading club”
VON-OC Vision Statement
The Voice Of One-Overcomers Club aims to be a “comprehensive catalyst”, stimulating, facilitating; influencing “norms”, “values”, “morals” and “ethical” standards for capacity development and service delivery to persons and communities challenged by strife, diseases, drugs and poverty.
The Voice Of One-Overcomers Club will provide essential:
- Psychosocial Support Services
- Capability (educational) developmental services
- We believe that all human lives are precious and valuable.
- That principles are the foundation for lasting effective impact, and that they are universal and timeless.
- That leadership is a choice
- To effectively address social issues, genuine networking/collaboration among individuals/organizations is necessary.
- To serve humanity is not about your personal feeling (at any given time) but a conscious choice.
Our Core Values
- Commitment to principles
- Commitment to personal enhancement (to serve)
- Commitment to satisfactory customer/client impact/development
- Profitable growth
To effectively and efficiently manage/operate our “Reformation and Transformation Centre” as:
- The NGO house (training and sensitization…)
- National advocacy platform
- A psychosocial support and Respite (future) sanctuary
Our role as an NGO in T & T
- Educate, train/mentor, build the capability of individuals, organizations and communities challenged by strife, diseases, drugs and poverty.
- Promote principles of confidentiality and consent
- Stimulate and facilitate critical thinking among our youth, NGO…not limited too…
- Promote greater and more meaningful awareness and participation among our population towards social issues.
- Promote actions/projects informed by empirical data.
- Capability to train/mentor, educate individuals and organizations
- Capability to provide quality psychosocial support services
- Our own facility
- Empowered, empathetic, committed, passionate and guided by a vision.
Choice, Not Chance, Determines Destiny
To build morally applaudable character and capability in individuals, organizations and communities to achieve realistic and sustainable goals/results.
Become more visible and the preferred psychosocial, advocacy and capability development institution.
Improve the knowledge, for prevention and coping skills of individuals and families challenged by:
- Diseases, including drug addiction
- Improve the ways of working among and between the NGO community.
- Capacity Building workshop
- Camp Blossom
- Internationally recognized HIV/AIDS specific projects
- Hold Fundraising dinner for our 11th anniversary (Saturday 29th September 2012)
For further information, please contact 868-679-6747 or send e-mail to email@example.com